Walk to Cure Diabetes is the fastest growing fundraising event in the history of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Last year, nearly $86 million was raised through Walk to Cure Diabetes to fund diabetes research. This year, the Walk To Cure Diabetes is expected to surpass $90 million.
Last year, over 500,000 participated at one of 200 sites throughout the country. This year, men, women, and children including those from over 5,000 large corporations and local companies will participate at one of our 200 sites. Funds are raised as walkers ask friends, relatives and co-workers to sponsor them for participating in the walk.
Island MetroPark - 101 East Helena Street Dayton, Ohio 45405
Oct. 12, 2013
For the second year in a row, there is a 5K Run option as well!
Run early bird registration is $25 until 9/28, $30 until 10/11 and $40 on Run/Walk day. Runners will receive an exclusive Run T-shirt. Open to all ages
Registration time: 9:00 a.m.
Run/Walk start time: 10:00 a.m.
Apollo Career Center/Heritage Park - 3325 Shawnee Road Lima, OH 45806
Sept. 29, 2013
Registration Time: 12:30 p.m.
Walk Time: 1:00 p.m.
1. Visit: www.walk.jdrf.org
2. Under Register for A Walk Now!, select OH for the state and click on Find Walk.
3. Select Dayton and/or Lima
4. Click Register for this Walk.
5. If you are a new team, you will select “create a new team”. If you are a returning team, you will select the join or re-create a team.
6. The system is set up to walk you through the rest of the steps, but if you have a problem, contact JDRF at 513-793-3223.
Hot Country B94.5
The JDRF logo must be utilized in your t-shirt design with where to send it. To use this logo, click on the below file. If the resolution isn’t large enough for your printer please contact the office.